Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is a glial cell modulator. Glial cells are Central Nervous System cells which release many inflammatory substances that act upon neurons, amplifying pain (Watkins and Maier, 2002). With time, PEA modulates (or tones down) overactive pain nerves into rest states.
PEA performs a great variety of biological functions related to chronic and neuropathic pain and inflammation, as demonstrated in clinical trials. These include peripheral neuropathies such as diabetic neuropathy, trigeminal neuralgia, chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatic pain, osteoarthritis, low back pain, failed back surgery syndrome, dental pains, neuropathic pain in stroke and multiple sclerosis, chronic pelvic pain, post-herpetic neuralgia, burning mouth pain, burning feet and vaginal pains.
• PEA is the key to suppressing overactive mast cells. Mast cells release inflammatory histamine and cytokines into the body. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory nutraceutical PEA, holds great promise blunting the inflammatory response in the treatment of chronic pain states like interstitial cystitis, bladder pain and irritable bowel syndrome.
• PEA can be taken simultaneously with other medicine.
• There are no significant side effects
What you should know before using the product
- We recommend using the cream in combination with capsules.
- PEA Cream can be used in combination with other products. However, do not apply the cream at the same time as other creams or lotions. When in doubt, please consult your physician or pharmacist.
- PEA Cream is safe to be used by elderly people and children.
- Allergic reactions are rare. We are not aware of any significant side effects. Please contact RSG if you do suffer from side effects.
- Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not recommended.
Use and dose
- For external use only.
- Use: apply a thin layer on the skin.
- Dose: one to four times a day.
- PEA Cream can be used over a long period of time.
- Do not exceed the daily recommended dose.
- Store PEA Cream at temperatures below 25°C. Prevent freezing. Properly close packaging after use; this will prevent the product from drying out and deteriorating.
- Keep out of reach of children.