In April 2014 we launched the Oral Strip for patients having trouble with their sleep. It has been very popular, with over 40,000 strips dispensed Australia-wide.
That’s 40,000 restful nights, provided at less than $1 per dose.
The advantages of the strip are plentiful:
- Administration to paediatric and geriatric patients — the difﬁculty of swallowing larger oral doses of capsules is eliminated1,2
- Ease of transportation, consumer handling and storage2
- Compared to sublingual drops, precision in the administered dose is ensured from each of the strips1,2,3
- Ease of swallowing and no need for water4 — preferred by patients suffering from dysphagia, repeated emesis, motion sickness and mental disorders2
- Can be consumed at any place or any time as per convenience of the individual1,2
- Rapid onset of action1,2
- High level of patient compliance3
- Pleasant tasting3
- Strips are stable at room temperature for 6 months (store under 30 degrees)
Click here to find a practitioner.
- Patel Nibha K and Pancholi SS. An overview on: Sublingual route for systemic drug delivery. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. 2012; 3(2):913-923.
- RP and Puthli SP. Oral strip technology. Journal of Controlled Release. 2009; 139:94-107.
- Bala Rajni, Pawar Pravin, Khanna Sushil and Arora Sandeep. Orally dissolving strips: a new approach to oral drug delivery system. Int J Pharm Investig. 2013; 3(2):67-76.
- Siddiqui Nehal, Garg Garima and Kumar Sharma Pramod. A short review on “a novel approach to oral fast dissolving drug delivery system and their patents”. Advances in Biological Research. 2011; 5(6):291-303.